ISO or International Organization for Standardization is a Non-governmental organization which has standard bodies in more than 160 countries. The central office in Geneva, Switzerland co-ordinates all the operations. Let us now find out what is ISO Certification and how to get ISO Certification in India.
What is ISO Certification?
ISO is an independent NGO that ensures the standards of the quality, safety and efficiency of the products or services provided by the firm. This certification by the ISO certifies that the firm or the business comply with the standards of an ISO management. It works as a trust fund for the key investorsto show the efficiency and credibility of the business. It helps to get finance from the banks and for selling purpose as well.
ISO Certification in Kolkata
Recent surveys show that over a million companies are certified by ISO 9001:2015. This certification of 9001 is the quality management system which helps the company to get benefits like growth, profitability and cost savings. Let us now discuss about the major importance of the ISO Certification.
- Meet and Improve Customer Requirements:A number of companies and customers look for an ISO Certified company to do business with. Once certified, the ISO process helps in improving the customer service by identifying the key areas of the customer’s priority and requirement. It will bring more value to the customer and they will fortify their loyalty to the company.
- Increment in Productivity: ISO Certification enables a company to reorganize and efficiently grow their resources productivity.ISO’s environmental consideration tendency has developed an efficiency-based methodology which cuts cost and leave no room for expensive errors.
- Improvement in Consistency of The Operations&Management: The consistency in the products and servicesis one of themajor parts that ISO focuses on. By quality auditing, the ISO 9001 QMS ensures that the company stays focused by running the operations in a systematic manner. If done in a proper way, regular audits provide the feedback required to correct any issues in the managementand keep the company running, uninterrupted.
- Get More Revenue: As previously mentioned, many companies and customers look for an ISO 9001 Certified Company as ‘must’. Once certified, you can advertise your quality certification and gain those customers by providing them a quote. It will eventually help you to getnew companies as clients and as we know, the more customers you gain, the more revenue you earn.
- International Recognition: ISO 9001 is administrated by theworld’s largest standardization organization, ISO with over 1 million companies registered to it. This certification sets the bar for your organization in a very selected group.
That’s it. You have your ISO Certification for your company. The cost and the time involved in this process varies from company to company. The bigger the organization, the higher the cost and longer the time. Finally,I hope we have covered all the necessary aspects of the ISO Certification in India on this article. Make sure to go for a trust edregistrar and ISO certified auditors for avoiding any hassles during the certification process.
ISO Certification in Kolkata
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 45001:2018
- ISO 13485:2016
- ISO 29993:2017
- ISO 16604:2004
- ISO 14683:2017
- ISO 22609:2004
- EN 166:2002
- ISO 14001:2015
- ISO 22000:2005
- ISO 20000
- ISO 16602:2017
- ISO 22611:2003
- ISO 50001:2018
- TS 16949:2009
ISO Certification Types
ISO Registration Process
Create an ISO Application
This application is an agreement between the registrar and the applicant. This is an important step for the registration process as it determines the rights and obligations of both the parties, that includes confidentiality, access rights and liability issues.
Quality Review of the Documents
The ISO registrar will review your previous works and view all the quality related documents and manuals to check if all the requirements are met in the ISO Standards. It will take approximately 2-4 weeks of time for the registrar to check all of your documents fully.
Issue an Assessment Measure
Once the registrar is done with the review and determined the existing gaps in your organization, you need to issue an assessment measure to eliminate these gaps and flaws.
Make a list of the required tasks, inform the employees, train them accordingly and bring the desired changes in the organization to meet the ISO quality standards.
ISO Audit Certification
Step 1:The ISO auditor will audit the changes in your organization and look for the possible non-conformities in the systems. There will be major and minor non-conformities and you (the applicant) must assess all these non-conformities to make necessary modifications as per the desired quality standards.
Step 2: The ISO auditor does the final auditing after all the non-conformities are eliminated and the necessary changes are made. Once they are satisfied, the registrar is presented with the final ISO audit report.
ISO Certification Pricing
Now that we have covered the major benefits of getting the ISO Certification,let’s jump into the procedure of getting it.Do remember, ISO does not provide the certification directly and you would be needing an external ISO Registrar to do the bidding. We recommend to look for a registrar 2-3 months prior whileyour company is constructing it’s Quality System